Benefits & Incentives
- A civil servant can be immensely proud to participate and contribute his bit in the development process of the nation.
- Job Security is another primary benefit for a civil servant.
- The appointment of a person to a certain post offers executive power.
- The candidate's promotion is time-bound and automatic. With every promotion, the privileges increase.
- In addition to their salary, Indian Civil Servants enjoy various other incentives that include subsidised housing and medical facilities, Leave Travel Allowance, Dearness Allowance and City compensatory Allowance in addition to retirement benefits (social welfare facilities).
The salary for Civil Servants depends on their grade. It is fixed by the Government of India.
Based on the recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission, the screenshots presented below highlight the revised pay scales for the Central Government Employees of Indian Administrative Services (IAS) and Indian Foreign Service (IFS). Further, you may click here to view the office Memorandum issued by the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievance & Pension Department of Personnel Training with respect to the acceptance of the recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission.