- Candidates admitted to the Main Examination
will be required to pay a further fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two hundreds only).
- Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
- APPLICATIONS NOT ACCOMPANIED BY THE PRESCRIBED FEE (UNLESS REMISSION OF FEE IS CLAIMED) SHALL BE SUMMARILY REJECTED.
EXAMINATION FEE - EXEMPTION
- All female candidates and candidates belonging Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Physically Handicapped categories are exempted from payment of fee.
- No fee exemption is, however, available to OBC candidates and they are required to pay the prescribed fee in full.
- Physically disabled persons are exempted from the payment of fee provided they are otherwise eligible for appointment to the Services / Posts to be filled on the results of this examination on the basis of the standards of medical fitness for these Services / Posts (including any concessions specifically extended to the physically disabled).
- A physically disabled candidate claiming fee concession will be required by the Commission to submit along with their Detailed Application Form, a certified copy of the certificate from a Government Hospital / Medical Board in support of his/her claim for being physically disabled.
- Notwithstanding the aforesaid provision for fee exemption, a physically disabled candidate will be considered to be eligible for appointment only if he / she (after such physical examination as the Government or the Appointing Authority, as the case may be, may prescribe) is found to satisfy the requirements of physical and medical standards for the concerned Services / Posts to be allocated to physically disabled candidates by the Government.
CHOOSING THE EXAMINATION CENTRE
- While filling in his / her Application Form, the candidate should carefully decide about his / her choice of centre for the Examination.
- Click here to view the List of Examination Centres for the Civil Services (Main Examination).
- If any candidate appears at a centre other than the one indicated by the Commission in his / her Admission Certificate, the papers of such a candidate will not be valued and his / her candidature will be liable to cancellation.
- The Centres and the Date of holding the examination as mentioned above are liable to be changed at the discretion of the Commission.
- While every effort will be made to allot the candidates to the Centre of their choice for examination, the Commission may, at their discretion allot a different centre to a candidate, when circumstances so warrant.
- Blind candidates will, however, be required to take the examination at any one of the Seven Centres, viz. Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, Dispur and Mumbai.
- Candidates admitted to the examination will be informed of the time table and place or places of examination.
- The candidates should note that no request for change of the centre will normally be granted.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- The applicants are advised to submit only single application; however, if due to any unavoidable situation, if he/she submits another/multiple applications, then he/she must ensure that application with the higher RID (Registration ID) is complete in all respects like applicants' details, examination centre, photograph, signature, fee etc.
- The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the applications with higher RID (Registration ID) shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- All candidates, whether already in Government Service, Government owned industrial undertakings or other similar organisations or in private employment should submit their applications direct to the Commission.
- If any candidate forwards his / her application through his / her employer and it reaches the Union Public Service Commission late, the application, even if submitted to the employer before the closing date, will not be considered.
- Persons already in Government Service, whether in a permanent or temporary capacity or as workcharged employees other than casual or daily rated employees or those serving under the Public Enterprises are however, required to submit an undertaking that they have informed in writing their Head of Office / Department that they have applied for the Examination.
- Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Commission withholding permission to the candidates applying for / appearing at the examination, their application will be liable to be rejected / candidature will be liable to be cancelled.
LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATION FOR MAIN EXAMINATION
- Candidates are strongly advised to apply well in time without waiting for last date for submission of online application.
- Please refer to the instructions given in the UPSC website (www.upsc.gov.in) for further details.
WITHDRAWAL OF APPLICATIONS
- NO REQUEST FOR WITHDRAWAL OF CANDIDATURE RECEIVED FROM A CANDIDATE AFTER HE / SHE HAS SUBMITTED HIS / HER APPLICATION WILL BE ENTERTAINED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
VERIFICATION OF IDENTITY
- The verification of the credentials and identity of the candidate will be done at the time of the Main examination. Sufficient proof should be provided in order to support claims regarding Age, Educational Qualifications, Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Other Backward Classes and Physically disabled etc.
- The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of examination for which they are admitted by the Commission viz. Preliminary Examination, Main (Written) Examination and Interview Test will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
- If on verification at any time before or after the Preliminary Examination, Main (written) Examination and Interview Test, it is found that they do not fulfil any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature for the examination will be cancelled by the Commission.
- If any of their claims is found to be incorrect, they may render themselves liable to disciplinary action by the Commission in terms of Rule 14 of the Rules for the Civil Services Examination.
ELIGIBILITY FOR AVAILING RESERVATION
- The eligibility for availing reservation against the vacancies reserved for the physically disabled persons shall be the same as prescribed in "The Persons with Disability (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995."
- Provided further that the physically disabled candidates shall also be required to meet special eligibility criteria in terms of physical requirements / functional classification (abilities / disabilities) consistent with requirements of the identified Service / Post as may be prescribed by its Cadre Controlling Authority.
- A candidate will be eligible to get the benefit of community reservation only in case the particular caste to which the candidates belongs is included in the list of reserved communities issued by the Central Government. If a candidate indicates in his / her application form for Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination that he / she belongs to General category, but subsequently writes to the Commission to change his / her category to a reserved one, such request shall not be entertained by the Commission.
- While the above principle will be followed in general, there may be a few cases where there was a little gap (say 2-3 months) between the issuance of a Government Notifications enlisting a particular community in the list of any of the reserved communities and the date of submission of the application by the candidate. In such cases, the request of change of community
from General to Reserved may be considered by the Commission on merit.
DISCIPLINARY ACTION - Rule 14 of the Rules for the Civil Services Examination
The Rule 14 of the Rules for the Civil Services Examination is reproduced below:
A candidate who is or has been declared by the Commission to be guilty of :
- Obtaining support for his/her candidature
by the following means, namely :–
- offering illegal gratification to, or
- applying pressure on, or
- blackmailing, or threatening to blackmail any person connected with the conduct of the examination, or
- impersonating, or
- procuring impersonation by any person, or
- submitting fabricated documents or documents which have been tampered with, or
- making statements which are incorrect or false or suppressing material information, or
- resorting to the following means in connection with his / her candidature for the examination, namely
- obtaining copy of question paper through improper means,
- finding out the particulars of the persons connected with secret work relating to the examination,
- influencing the examiners, or
- using unfair means during the examination, or
- writing obscene matter or drawing obscene sketches in the scripts, or
- misbehaving in the examination hall including tearing of the scripts, provoking fellow examinees to boycott examination, creating a disorderly scene and the like, or
- harassing or doing bodily harm to the staff employed by the Commission for the conduct of their examinations, or
- being in possession of or using mobile phone, pager or any electronic equipment or device or any other equipment capable of being used as a communication device during the examination, or
- violating any of the instructions issued to candidates along with their Admission Certificates permitting them to take the examination, or
- attempting to commit or as the case may be abetting the Commission of all or any of the acts specified in the foregoing clauses; may in addition to rendering himself / herself liable to criminal prosecution, be liable
- to be disqualified by the Commission from the examination for which he/she is a candidate and/or
- to be debarred either permanently or for a specified period
- by the Commission from any
examination or selection held by them;
- by the Central Government from any employment under them; and
- if he/she is already in service under Government to disciplinary action under the appropriate Rules.
Provided that no penalty under this Rules shall be imposed except after
- giving the candidate an opportunity of making such representation, in writing as he/she may wish to make in that behalf; and
- taking the representation, if any, submitted by the candidate within the period allowed to him/her into consideration.
EXAM CENTRES - MAIN EXAMINATION
|Centre Names (A- H)
||Centre Names (J - Z)