AVAILABILITY & PURCHASE
- The UPSC forms are available in various designated post offices throughout the country from ____________________________.
- Candidates must use only the new Common Application Form (Form-E) for UPSC examinations (cost Rs. 30/-) based on OMR entries supplied with the information brochure containing general instructions for filling up the form, an acknowledgement card and an envelope for sending the application. These will be obtainable from any of the designated Head Post Offices (HPOs) / Post Offices (POs) and not from any other agency. They should in no case use photocopy / reproduction / unauthorised printed copy of the Form.
- The form will NOT be supplied by the Commission's office.
- Each such form can be used only once and only for one examination.
- Candidates are advised to read carefully the detailed instructions for filling up the "Offline Application Form".
- In case of any difficulty in obtaining Application Forms from the designated HPOs /
POs, the candidates should immediately contact the concerned post Master or UPSC's "FORMS SUPPLY MONITORING CELL" over Telephone No. 011-23389366/FAX No. 011-23387310.
- Candidates applying Offline (through Common Application Form) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees One Hundred only) through a single Central Recruitment Stamp.
- Central Recruitment Fee
Stamp (NOT Postage Stamp) of the requisite denomination may be obtained from the Post Office and affixed on the application form in the space provided therein.
- The stamp must be got cancelled from the issuing Post Office with the date stamp of the
Post Office in such a manner that the impression of the cancellation mark partially overflows on the application form itself but within the space provided on the Application form itself.
- The impression of the cancellation mark should be clear and distinct to facilitate the identification of date and the Post Office of issue.
- Candidates residing abroad should deposit the prescribed fee in the office of India's High Commissioner, Ambassador or representative abroad as the case may be for credit to account head "051-Public Service Commission-Examination Fees" and attach the receipt with the application.
- 'Postage Stamps' will in no case be accepted in lieu of 'Central Recruitment Fee Stamp'.
- Candidates should note that the fee sent through Indian Postal Orders, Bank Draft, Money Order, Crossed Cheque, Currency notes or Treasury Challan etc. will NOT be accepted by the Commission and such applications will be treated as without fee and will be summarily rejected.
- APPLICATIONS NOT ACCOMPANIED BY THE PRESCRIBED FEE (UNLESS REMISSION OF FEE IS CLAIMED) SHALL BE SUMMARILY REJECTED.
- Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
- If any candidate who took the Civil Services Examination held in the previous year wishes to apply for admission to this examination, he / she must submit his / her application so as to reach the Commission's Office by the prescribed date without waiting for the results or an offer of appointment.
- Candidates admitted to the Main Examination
will be required to pay a further fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two hundreds only).
EXAMINATION FEE - EXEMPTION
- All female candidates and candidates belonging Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Physically Handicapped categories are exempted from payment of fee.
- No fee exemption is, however, available to OBC candidates and they are required to pay the prescribed fee in full.
- Physically disabled persons are exempted from the payment of fee provided they are otherwise eligible for appointment to the Services / Posts to be filled on the results of this examination on the basis of the standards of medical fitness for these Services / Posts (including any concessions specifically extended to the physically disabled).
- A physically disabled candidate claiming fee concession will be required by the Commission to submit along with their Detailed Application Form, a certified copy of the certificate from a Government Hospital / Medical Board in support of his/her claim for being physically disabled.
- Notwithstanding the aforesaid provision for fee exemption, a physically disabled candidate will be considered to be eligible for appointment only if he / she (after such physical examination as the Government or the Appointing Authority, as the case may be, may prescribe) is found to satisfy the requirements of physical and medical standards for the concerned Services / Posts to be allocated to physically disabled
candidates by the Government.
FILLING UP THE APPLICATION FORM
- The application form must be filled in by the candidates in their own handwriting.
- Since this form will be processed on computerised machines, candidates should exercise due care in handling and filling up the application form.
- Since the entries made by the candidates by darkening the circle only will be taken into account while processing the applications on computerised machines, they should make these entries very carefully and accurately.
- Candidates should use black ball point pen only to darken the circles. For writing also, they should use black ball point pen only.
- No relevant columns of the application should be left blank. Incomplete or defective applications shall be summarily
- No change in the entries made in original application form will be allowed under any circumstances.
- Candidates should ensure that the signatures appended by them in all the places viz. in their application form, Attendance List etc. and in all the correspondence with the Commission, should be identical and there should be no variation of any kind. If any variation is found in the signatures appended by him at different places, his candidature will be liable to be cancelled by the Commission.
- No representation or correspondence regarding such rejection shall be entertained under any circumstances.
- Click here to read the detailed instructions for filling up the "Offline Application Form".
CHOOSING THE EXAMINATION CENTRE
- While filling in his / her Application Form, the candidate should carefully decide about his / her choice of centre for the Examination, both for the Preliminary as well as the Main examination. Click here for the examination centre codes for the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination as well as Civil Services (Main) Examination are listed below.
- More than one application from a candidate giving different centres will not be accepted in any case.
- Even if a candidate sends more than one completed application the Commission will accept only one application at their discretion and the Commission's decision in the matter shall be final.
- If any candidate appears at a centre other than the one indicated by the Commission in his / her Admission Certificate, the papers of such a candidate will not be valued and his / her candidature will be liable to cancellation.
- The centres and the date of holding the examination are liable to be changed at the discretion of the Commission.
- While every effort will be made to allot the candidates to the centre of their choice for examination, the Commission may, at their discretion allot a different centre to a candidate, when circumstances so warrant.
- Blind candidates will, however, be required to take the examination at any one of the seven centres viz. Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, Dispur and Mumbai.
- Candidates admitted to the examination will be informed of the time table and place or places of examination.
- The candidates should note that no request for change of centre will normally be granted.
- However, when a candidate desires a change in centre from the one he / she had indicated in his / her Application Form for the Examination, he / she must send a letter addressed to the Controller of Examinations, Union Public Service Commission, giving full justification as to why he / she desires a change in centre. Such requests will be considered on merits but requests received in the Commission's Office after _________________________ will not be entertained under any circumstances nor will such communications be replied to.
- The candidates should also fill up in the relevant places of the Acknowledgement Card, their Application Form Number (as printed below the bar code on the form) and the Name and Year of the Examination viz. "Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Year)"
- They should also write clearly and legibly their mailing address on the Acknowledgement Card.
- The applicants are required to affix the postage stamp of Rs. 6/- (Rs. six only) on the Acknowledgement Card and send the same along with application form to UPSC.
- The Acknowledgement Card should not be stapled or pinned or tagged or pasted with the Application Form.
- If an applicant fails to affix the postage stamp of requisite amount, his acknowledgement card will not be dispatched and Commission will not be responsible for non-receipt of acknowledgement cards by the applicant.
- The duly filled in application form and the acknowledgement card should then be mailed in the special envelope supplied with the Information Brochure.
- The candidate should also write the name of examination viz. Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, (year) on the envelope before dispatching it to Controller of Examinations, Union Public Service Commission, Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi-110069.
- All candidates, whether already in Government Service, Government owned industrial undertakings or other similar organisations or in private employment should submit their applications direct to the Commission.
- If any candidate forwards his / her application through his / her employer and it reaches the Union Public Service Commission late, the application, even if submitted to the employer before the closing date, will not be considered.
- Persons already in Government Service, whether in a permanent or temporary capacity or as workcharged employees other than casual or daily rated employees or those serving under the Public Enterprises are however, required to submit an undertaking that they have informed in writing their Head of Office / Department that they have applied for the Examination.
- Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Commission withholding permission to the candidates applying for / appearing at the examination, their application will be liable to be rejected/candidature will be liable to be cancelled.
LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF OFFLINE APPLICATION FORM FOR PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION
- The candidates are advised in their own interest to ensure that the applications reach the Commission's Office on or before the closing date.
- All offline applications must reach the "Controller of Examinations, Union Public Service Commission, Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi - 10069" either by hand or by Post /Speed Post or by Courier, on or before ______________________.
- Candidates should note that applications will be received by hand, only one at a time, at the designated counter(s) and not in bulk, till _________________ PM only.
- Applications received through Couriers or Courier Services of any type shall be treated as having been received "By hand" at the Commission's Counter.
- No application received after the prescribed last date will be entertained under any circumstances and all the late applications will be summarily rejected.
- Candidates should therefore, ensure that their applications reach the Commission's Office on or before the prescribed last date.
- Candidates can also deliver their applications personally at the Commission's counter against proper acknowledgement.
- The Commission will not be responsible for the applications delivered to any other functionary of the Commission.
- However, in respect of candidates residing abroad or in certain remote localities, the last date for receipt of application by Post / Speed Post only (not by Hand or by Courier) is ______________________.
- The benefit of extended time will be available only in respect of applications received by Post/ Speed Post from the abovementioned areas/
regions. In the case of applications received by hand or through courier service, benefit of extended time will not be available regardless of the place of residence of the applicant.
- Candidates who are claiming the benefit of extended time should clearly indicate in column 13 of the Application Form, the area code of the particular area or region where they are residing. In case they fail to do so, the benefit of extended time will not be allowed to them.
- Candidates should clearly note that the
Commission will in no case be responsible for non-receipt of their application or any delay in receipt thereof on any account whatsoever.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FOR OFFLINE APPLICATION FORM FOR PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION
- Immediately on receipt of an application from a candidate, the Acknowledgement Card submitted by him / her alongwith the Application Form will be despatched to him / her by the Commission's Office duly stamped in token of receipt of his / her Application.
- If a candidate does not receive the Acknowledgement Card within 30 days, he / she should at once contact the Commission by quoting his / her Application Form No. and Name & Year of examination.
- Candidates delivering the Application Form in person at the Commission's Counter will be issued Acknowledgement Card at the Counter itself.
- The mere fact that a candidate's application has been acknowledged by the Commission does not mean that his / her candidature for the examination has been accepted by the Commission.
- Candidates will be informed at the earliest possible about their admission to the examination or rejection of their application.
WITHDRAWAL OF APPLICATIONS FOR PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION
- NO REQUEST FOR WITHDRAWAL OF CANDIDATURE RECEIVED FROM A CANDIDATE AFTER HE / SHE HAS SUBMITTED HIS / HER APPLICATION WILL BE ENTERTAINED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
CORRESPONDENCE WITH THE COMMISSION
The Commission will not enter into any correspondence with the candidates about their candidature except in the following cases:
ADMISSION CERTIFICATE WITH ROLL NOS.
- Every candidate for this examination will be informed at the earliest possible date of the result of his / her application.
Certificates, indicating the Roll Nos. will be issued to the candidates who are admitted
to the examination.
- The Admission Certificate will bear the photograph of the candidate.
- If a candidate does not receive his Admission Certificate or any other communication regarding his / her candidature for the
examination three weeks before the commencement of the examination, he / she should at once contact the Commission.
- On receipt of such a communication, Admission Certificate or a duplicate copy thereto will be issued to the admitted candidate.
- Information in this regard can also be obtained from the Facilitation Counter located in the Commission's Office either in person or over phone Nos. 011-23381125 / 011-23385271 / 011-23098543.
- In case no communication is received in the Commission's Office from the candidate regarding non-receipt of his / her Admission Certificate atleast 3 weeks before the examination, he / she himself / herself will be solely responsible for non-receipt of his/her Admission Certificate.
- It may be noted that the Admission Certificate will be issued at the address as photocopied from the Application Form filled in by the candidate. The candidate should, therefore, ensure that address given by him / her in the Application Form is correct and complete with pin code.
- No candidate will ordinarily be allowed to take the examination unless he / she holds a certificate of admission for the examination.
- On the receipt of Admission Certificate, check it carefully and bring discrepancies / errors, if any, to the notice of UPSC immediately.
- The candidates should note that their admission to the examination will be purely provisional based on the information given by them in the Application Form. This will be subject to verification of all the eligibility conditions by the UPSC.
- The mere fact that a certificate of admission to the Examination has been issued to a candidate, will not imply that his / her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission or that entries made by the candidate in his / her application for the Preliminary examination have been accepted by the Commission as true and correct.
- Candidates may note that the Commission takes up the verification of eligibility conditions of a candidate, with reference to original documents, only after the candidate has qualified for Civil Services (Main) Examination.
- Unless candidature is formally confirmed by the Commission, it continues to be provisional.
- The decision of the Commission as to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate for admission to the Examination shall be final.
- Candidates should note that the name in the Admission Certificate, in some cases, may be abbreviated due to technical reasons.
- If a candidate receives an Admission Certificate in respect of some other candidate on account of handling error, the same should be immediately returned to the Commission with a request to issue the correct Admission Certificate.
- Candidates may note that they will not be allowed to take the examination on the strength of an Admission Certificate issued in respect of another candidate.
DUPLICATE ADMISSION CERTIFICATES:
- In the event of a candidate receiving more than one Admission Certificate from the Commission, he / she should use only one of these Admission Certificates for appearing in the examination and return the other(s) to the Commission's Office.
CHANGE IN CORRESPONDENCE ADDRESS:
- A candidate must see that communications sent to him / her at the address stated in his / her application are redirected, if necessary.
- Change in address should be communicated to the Commission at the earliest opportunity.
- Although the Commission make every effort to take account of such changes, they cannot accept any responsibility in the matter.
RESULTS OF THE PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION:
Candidates are informed that as the Preliminary Examination is only a screening test, no marks sheets will be supplied to successful or unsuccessful to be Confirmed candidates and no correspondence will be entertained by the Commission, in this regard.
ALL COMMUNICATIONS TO THE COMMISSION SHOULD INVARIABLY CONTAIN THE FOLLOWING PARTICULARS.
1. NAME AND YEAR OF THE EXAMINATION.
2. APPLICATION FORM NUMBER
3. ROLL NUMBER (IF RECEIVED)
4. NAME OF CANDIDATE (IN FULL AND IN BLOCK LETTERS)
5. COMPLETE POSTAL ADDRESS AS GIVEN IN THE APPLICATION.
N.B. I. COMMUNICATION NOT CONTAINING THE ABOVE PARTICULARS MAY NOT BE ATTENDED TO.
N.B. II. CANDIDATES SHOULD ALSO NOTE DOWN THEIR APPLICATION FORM NUMBER FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
THEY MAY BE REQUIRED TO INDICATE THE SAME IN CONNECTION WITH THEIR CANDIDATURE FOR THE CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAMINATION.
VERIFICATION OF IDENTITY
- Candidates are not required to submit alongwith their applications any certificate in support of their claims regarding Age, Educational Qualifications, Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Other Backward Classes and Physically disabled etc. which will be verified at the time of the Main examination only.
- The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of examination for which they are admitted by the Commission viz. Preliminary Examination, Main (Written) Examination and Interview Test will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
- If on verification at any time before or after the Preliminary Examination, Main (written) Examination and Interview Test, it is found that they do not fulfil any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature for the examination will be cancelled by the Commission.
- If any of their claims is found to be incorrect, they may render themselves liable to disciplinary action by the Commission in terms of Rule 14 of the Rules for the Civil Services Examination.
ELIGIBILITY FOR AVAILING RESERVATION
- The eligibility for availing reservation against the vacancies reserved for the physically disabled persons shall be the same as prescribed in "The Persons with Disability (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995."
- Provided further that the physically disabled candidates shall also be required to meet special eligibility criteria in terms of physical requirements / functional classification (abilities / disabilities) consistent with requirements of the identified Service / Post as may be prescribed by its Cadre Controlling Authority.
- A candidate will be eligible to get the benefit of community reservation only in case the particular caste to which the candidates belongs is included in the list of reserved communities issued by the Central Government. If a candidate indicates in his / her application form for Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination that he / she belongs to General category but subsequently writes to the Commission to change
his / her category to a reserved one, such request shall not be entertained by the Commission.
- While the above principle will be followed in general, there may be a few cases where there was a little gap (say 2-3 months) between the issuance of a Government Notifications enlisting a particular community in the list of any of the reserved communities and the date of submission of the application by the candidate.
- In such cases, the request of change of community
from General to Reserved may be considered by the Commission on merit.
DISCIPLINARY ACTION - Rule 14 of the Rules for the Civil Services Examination
The Rule 14 of the Rules for the Civil Services Examination is reproduced below :
A candidate who is or has been declared by the Commission to be guilty of :
- Obtaining support for his/her candidature
by the following means, namely :–
- offering illegal gratification to, or
- applying pressure on, or
- blackmailing, or threatening to blackmail any person connected with the conduct of the examination, or
- impersonating, or
- procuring impersonation by any person, or
- submitting fabricated documents or
documents which have been tampered with, or
- making statements which are incorrect or false or suppressing material information, or
- resorting to the following means in connection with his / her candidature for the examination, namely
- obtaining copy of question paper through improper means,
- finding out the particulars of the persons connected with secret work relating to the examination.
- influencing the examiners, or
- using unfair means during the examination, or
- writing obscene matter or drawing obscene sketches in the scripts, or
- misbehaving in the examination hall including tearing of the scripts, provoking fellow examinees to boycott examination, creating a disorderly scene and the like, or
- harassing or doing bodily harm to the staff employed by the Commission for the conduct of their examinations, or
- being in possession of or using mobile phone, pager or any electronic equipment or device or any other equipment capable of being used as a communication device during the examination; or
- violating any of the instructions issued to candidates along with their Admission Certificates permitting them to take the examination, or
- attempting to commit or as the case may be abetting the Commission of all or any of the acts specified in the foregoing clauses; may in addition to rendering himself / herself liable to criminal prosecution, be liable
- to be disqualified by the Commission from the examination for which he/she is a candidate and/ or
- to be debarred either permanently or for a specified period
- by the Commission from any
examination or selection held by them;
- by the Central Government from any employment under them; and
- if he/she is already in service under Government to disciplinary action under the appropriate Rules.
Provided that no penalty under this Rules shall be imposed except after
- giving the candidate an opportunity of making such representation, in writing as he/she may wish to make in that behalf; and
- taking the representation, if any, submitted by the candidate within the period allowed to him/her into consideration.
LIST OF HEAD POST OFFICES (HPOs) / POST OFFICES (POs) WHERE UPSC APPLICATION FORMS ARE AVAILABLE
Guwahati, Barpeta, Dhubri, Dibrugarh, Diphu, Golaghat, Hailakandi, Jorhat, Karimganj, Kokrajhar, Mangaldoi, Nagaon, Nalbari, North Lakhimpur, Sibsagar, Silchar, Tezpur, Tinsukia.
Andhra Pradesh Circle:
Hyderabad GPO, Hyderabad Jubilee, Kachiguda Stn., Khairatabad, Secunderabad, Trimulgherry, Adilabad, Anantapur, Arundelpet (Guntur), Chittoor, Cuddapah, Eluru, Kakinada, Karimnagar, Khammam, Kurnool, Machilipatnam, Mahboobnagar, Medak, Nalgonda, Nellore, Nizamabad, Ongole, Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, Vijayawada, Vikarabad, Visakhapatnam, Warangal.
Patna GPO, Bankipur, Arrah, Aurangabad, B. Deoghar, Bokaro Steel City, Banka, Battiah, Begusarai, Bhagalpur, Biharsharif, Buxar, Chaibasa, Chapra,
Daltonganj, Darbhanga, Dhanbad, Dumka, Gaya, Giridih, Gopalganj, Gumla, Hajipur,
Hazaribagh, Jamshedpur, Katihar, Madhubani, Motihari, Munger, Muzaffarpur, Nawada, Purnea, Ranchi, Saharsa, Samastipur, Sasaram, Sitamarhi, Siwan.
Delhi GPO, New Delhi, Indra Prastha, Ramesh Nagar, Sarojini Nagar, Lodi Road, Krishna Nagar, Ashok Vihar, Parliament Street, UPSC PO.
Gandhinagar, Ahmedabad, Amreli, Anand, Bharuch, Bhavnagar, Bhuj,
Dahod, Godhra, Himatnagar, Jamnagar, Junagadh, Kheda, Mehesana, Navrangpura, Navsari, Palanpur, Patan, Porbandar, Rajkot, Revdi Bazar, Surat, Surendranagar, Valsad, Vadodara.
Ambala GPO, Ambala City, Bahadurgarh, Bhiwani, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Hissar, Jind, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Narnaul, Panipat, Rohtak, Sirsa, Sonepat.
Himachal Pradesh Circle:
Shimla, Bilaspur, Chamba, Hamirpur, Kangra, Keylong,
Kulu, Mandi, Nahan, Recong, Peo, Solan, Una.
Jammu & Kashmir Circle:
Srinagar, Anantnag, Baramulla, Jammu, Kathua, Leh, Rajouri, Udhampur, Gandhi Nagar H.Q., Janipur, Jammu Cantt., Samba.
Bangalore GPO, Bangalore City, Basavangudi, HAL II Stage, Jayanagar, R.T. Nagar, Bagalkot, Raichur, Rajajinagar, Belgaum Bellary, Bidar, Bijapur, Chikmagalur, Chitradurga, Devengere, Dharwad, Gadag, Gulbarga, Hassan, Haveri, Hubli, Karwar, Kolar, Madikere, Mandya, Mangalore, Manipal, Mysore, Nanjagud, Shimoga, Sirsi, Tumkur, Udupi.
Trivandrum, Alleppey (Alappuzha), Calicut, Cannanore, Ernakulam, Kalpetta, Kasargod, Kattappana, Kottayam, Malappuram, Palghat, Pathanamthitta, Quilon, Trichur, Kavaratti (Lakshadweep).
Madhya Pradesh Circle:
Bhopal GPO, Bilaspur, Ambikapur, Balaghat, Betul, Bhind, Chhatarpur, Chhindwara, Damoh, Dewas, Dhar, Durg, Guna, Hoshangabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jagdalpur, Jhabua, Khandwa, Khargone, Lashkar, Mandla, Mandsaur, Morena, Narsinghpur, Neemuch, Raigarh, Raipur, Raisen, Rajgarh (Biora), Rajnandgaon, Ratlam, Rewa, Sagar Cantt., Satna, Sehore, Seoni, Shahdol, Shajapur,
Shivpuri, Sidhi, Tikamgarh, Ujjain, Vidisha.
Mumbai GPO, Andheri, Borivili, Chembur, Chinehbunder, Dadar, Girgaon, Kalbadevi, Mahim, Mandvi, Mumbai Central, Ahmednagar, Akola, Alibag, Amravati, Aurangabad, Beed, Bhandara, Buldhana, Chandrapur, Dhule, Jalagaon, Jalna, Karad, Kolhapur, Latur, Nagpur GPO, Nanded, Nasik, Osmanbad, Parbhani, Pune, Ratnagiri, Sangli, Satara, Sawantwadi, Solapur, Thane, Wardha, Yeotmal, Margaon (Goa), Panaji (Goa).
North East Circle:
Agartala, Aizawl, Dharmanagar, Imphal, Itanagar, Kohima, Radhakishorepur, Shillong, Tura.
Bhubaneswar GPO, Angul, Bolangir, Balasore, Bargarh, Baripada, Berhamapur, Bhadrak, Bhawanipatna, Cuttack GPO, Dhenkanal, Jagatsinghpur, Jajpur, Jeypore (K), Jharsuguda, Kendrapara, Keonhargarh, Koraput, Nayagarh, Parlakhemundi, Phulbani, Puri, Rayagada, Sambalpur, Sundargarh.
Amritsar, Bhatinda, Faridkot, Ferozepur, Gurdaspur, Hoshiarpur, Jalandhar City, Kapurthala, Ludhiana, Moga, Patiala, Ropar, Sangrur, Chandigarh.
Jaipur GPO, Jawahar Nagar, Shastri Nagar, Ajmer, Alwar, Banswara, Baran, Barmer, Bharatpur, Bhilwara, Bikaner, Bundi, Chittorgarh, Churu, Dausa, Dholpur, Dungarpur, Hanumangarh, Hindaun, Jaisalmer, Jalore, Jhalawar, Jhunjhunu, Jodhpur, Kankroli, Kota, Nagaur, Pali Marwar, Sawaimadhopur, Shastri Circle Udaipur, Sikar, Sirohi, Sriganganagar, Tonk.
Tamil Nadu Circle:
Chennai GPO, Anna Road, St. Thomas Mount, T. Nagar, Bodinayakanur, Chengalpattu, Chidambaram, Coimbatore, Cuddalore, Dharmapuri, Dindigul, Erode, Kanchipuram, Karur, Madurai, Nagapattinam, Nagercoil, Namakkal, Pudukottai, Ramanathapuram, Salem, Sivagangai, Tambaram, Thanjavur, Thiruvannamalai, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Tiruvallur, Tiruvayur, Turaiyur, Tuticorin, Udhagamandalam, Vellore, Villupuram, Virudhunagar, Puducherry.
Uttar Pradesh Circle:
Lucknow, Lucknow Chowk, Agra, Akbarpur, Aligarh, Allahabad,
Allahabad Katchery, Almora, Auraiya, Azamgarh, Bahraich, Ballia, Balrampur, Banda, Bansi, Barabanki, Bareilly, Basti, Bijnor, Budaun, Bulandshahr, Dehradun, Deoria, Dhampur, Etah, Etawah, Faizabad, Fatehgarh, Fatehpur, Firozabad, Ghaziabad, Ghazipur, Gonda, Gopeshwar, Gorakhpur, Haldwani, Hamirpur,Hardoi, Jaunpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Kheri, Lalitpur, Mainpuri, Mathura, Mau, Meerut, Mirzapur, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Nainital, Orai, Pauri, Padrauna, Pilibhit, Pithoragarh, Pratapgarh, Rai Bareli, Rampur, Roorkee, Saharanpur, Shahajahanpur, Sitapur, Sultanpur, Tehri, Unnao, Varanasi.
West Bengal Circle:
Calcutta GPO, Alipore, Barabazar, Beleghata, Belghoria, Cassipore, Park Street, Tollygunge, Balurghat, Bankura, Barasat, Berhampore, Burdwan, Chinsurah, Cooch Behar, Darjeeling, Howrah, Jalpaiguri, Krishnagar, Malda, Midnapore, Purulia, Suri, Siliguri, Port Blair (Andaman & Nicobar Islands), Gangtok (Sikkim).
Selected Field Post Offices through 1 Central Base Post Office (CBPO), 56 APO; 2 CBPO (99 APO).
AREA CODE FOR REMOTE AREAS AND ABROAD
Candidates residing in a remote area/abroad specified in the Notice of the Examination are entitled to one week's additional time for submission of application form by Post / Speed Post only (not by Hand or by Courier).
Area Code for Remote Areas and Abroad
Jammu & Kashmir
Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh
Andaman & Nicobar Islands